Join Our Team!
If you are an energetic and motivated person in search of a mission driven employer, we would love for you to join our team. Explore our job opportunities below. If you are interested in applying for a job, send your resume to the Director of Human Resources, Adrienne Smythe, at Adrienne@facetofacegermantown.org.
The Family Liaison (FL) is a full-time position and reports to the Program Director. In 2018, Face to Face, in partnership with Mercy Neighborhood Ministries, opened a preschool to provide 60 children from families of limited economic means with high-quality, early childhood education to set children on the path to success. The FL will work with these families to ensure they have the resources to successfully manage their child’s education beginning in kindergarten and improve their overall quality of life by connecting them to Face to Face services and community resources. The FL will also develop relationships with high-quality area schools to connect families to educational opportunities for their children.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Engage the families of preschool children to build trust and connections
- Connect families to other Face to Face services, including dining services, the health clinic, legal center, and social services to empower these families and increase stability for their children
- Act as the primary point of contact for families of children enrolled in Mercy Neighborhood Ministries at Face to Face’s preschool and coordinate care with the program directors
- Maintain up-to-date confidential client records in program database
- Conduct regular in-school observation and home visits to monitor stability
- Support families through the application processes for kindergarten
- Establish and sustain partnerships with high-performing private, charter, and public schools, particularly focusing on elementary schools, within Philadelphia to enable a seamless admissions process for children enrolled in Face to Face’s preschool program
- Cultivate a relationship with the Children’s Scholarship Fund and assist parents in applying to the Fund for scholarship aid for their child’s education
- Develop and implement classes to prepare families for kindergarten which cover parenting, school requirements, and tips on advocating for their child within the system, etc.
- Maintain relationships with families throughout the children’s school experience through high school and provide support as needed
- Engage families in creative family activities including but not limited to fresh market, physical activities, and possible outings
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience with at-risk youth and families of limited economic means
- Understanding of the unique challenges facing low-income families
- A non-judgmental, flexible, and professional attitude with all including children and families, colleagues, volunteers, school administration, or outside agencies
- Strong communication and collaborative skills, including the ability to form and sustain trusting relationships with children, families, school administrators, and fellow professionals
- Bachelor’s degree required, degrees in psychology, social work, counseling, sociology, education, or a related field preferred
- Computer skills, including experience with data entry, case documentation, Microsoft, and email
- Prior knowledge of the Philadelphia region is a plus
Face to Face is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from people of color, women, people who identify as LGBTQ, people who have experienced poverty or homelessness and people who have had contact with the juvenile justice, criminal justice, or child welfare systems.
$40,000.00 – $50,000.00 per year
All employees & guests are required to wear masks. Our building is cleaned and sanitized daily, and all CDC/City protocols are followed for the safest work environment we can provide.
Send cover letter and resume to Adrienne Smythe at email@example.com.
Please include, as part of your application, the answer to these two questions:
- Give an example of an event that you have managed and demonstrate how you prioritize the tasks to meet deadlines. Include any new ideas that increase revenues.
- Why are you interested in working at Face to Face?
Program Evaluation and Administration Manger
Job description:The Program Evaluation and Administration Manger is a critical member of the program and development teams, as well as the primary administrator for Face to Face. S/He wears multiple hats and does not mind handling a wide range of supportive and administration-related tasks.
- Serve as the primary database administrator for our Client Management database (Apricot by Social Solutions): manage user access levels, customize, and build data entry forms, generate, and edit grant reports, and serve as general tech support to all users
- Train new employees and volunteers on data entry procedures for Apricot
- In collaboration with the Grant Manager, works closely with the Program Director to collect, verify, and interpret program data for the leadership team, the board of directors, grant funders, and other audiences
- Work with program directors to provide monthly census reports
- In partnership with the Executive Director, Program Director, and Development Director, develop the administration plan and questions for the Annual Guest Survey and perform quantitative and qualitative analysis of the results
- Provide regular program data insight reports to the Board of Directors
- Serve as the primary database administrator for our donor and volunteer database, Salesforce NPSP: manage user access levels, customize, run, and build reports, manage page layouts and dashboards, and serve as general tech support for all users
- Responsible for all monetary gift entry into Salesforce, as well as import/export as needed to support the development team (primarily related to fundraising event data)
- Work closely with Finance Director to accurately categorize all gifts and complete reconciliation with accounting software (QuickBooks)
- Serve as the data resource for the development team, whether that means providing guidance in the selection/implementation of new auction software, or providing the detailed giving history of a donor in preparation for a solicitation
- Train new development employees on proper usage of Salesforce, and perform ongoing training for existing staff as needed
- Verify all in-kind donations entered by operations receptionist and process batches for acknowledgement
- Collect and sort mail and packages
- Deposit all checks, money orders, and cash received on a regular basis
- Generate all print and email thank you’ s for monetary and in-kind gifts on a weekly basis
- Manage the Face to Face employee calendar, staff contact list, phone system, and TV display systems
- Assist Executive Director with meeting preparation, correspondence, etc. as needed
- Handle restocking and organization of office supplies
Successful candidates will possess the following qualifications:
- Exceptional knowledge of CRM processes
- Ability to monitor the day-to-day operations of Salesforce.com and supporting applications
- Develop and improve reports, dashboards, and supporting process flows to provide reliable, accurate, and timely visibility into Salesforce.com data
- Solve Salesforce.com issues and ensure that our data is correct and functional at all times
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365; proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Salesforce administration experience strongly preferred
- Apricot Case Management Software experience a plus
- Problem-solving skills with detailed attention.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent time management and multitasking abilities, as well as the capacity to prioritize tasks.
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Ability to represent a positive and professional image
- Comfortable with routinely shifting demands
- Strives for excellence and continuous improvement.
- Any other duties needed to help drive our vision, fulfill our mission, and abide by our organization’s values: Hospitality, Mutuality, Transformation
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree required; Preferred degree inComputer Science, Business, Information Technology, Business/Administration, Information Systems, Marketing, Technology
- Combination of relevant education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- 3+ years of administrative or office experience; nonprofit experience a plus Managerial experience (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 3 years (Required)
- Philadelphia, PA (19144 Germantown)
- Full Time, Monday – Friday, additional days include some weekends and Holiday’s
- $52,000-$55,000 a year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Send cover letter and resume to Adrienne Smythe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of NonProfit Health Center
The Face to Face Health Center is a complementary center focused on behavioral health support, wellness, health education and counseling. The center offers services in conjunction with outside primary care providers to assure health equity for low -income people in Germantown.
The Director of the Health Center will report to the Director of Programs.
- Health Clinic hours are Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays from 10:00am-2:00pm.
- In order to address health equity, assess the socioeconomic, behavioral, and clinical factors affecting each incoming patient
- With patient, develop a plan to address presenting issues
- Refer patients to other Face to Face programs for a comprehensive approach
- Plan and participate in cross sector case reviews of patients seen in other programs
- Interface with patient’s primary care to ensure appropriate follow-up and support patient with compliance
- In conjunction with Director of Programs, hire and manage health center staff and volunteers.
- Manage and coordinate volunteer physicians, residents, etc.
- Track and chart patient encounters
- Review and analyze data in the Apricot system and develop strategies for program improvement
- Work collaboratively with other Face to Face Program Directors to ensure seamless service delivery
- Work with Program Director to develop budget for Health Center.
- Train and educate all Health Center staff on health -related issues pertinent to the population of Face to Face.
- Offer relevant health related educational opportunities to guests
- Promote Face to Face services to local organizations, resource fairs, etc. and provide frequent updates of services available
- Grow base of patients through regular outreach in community
- Monitor outcome deliverables as agreed upon for grant obligations.
- Seek out specialists in other medical fields and bring their expertise to Face to Face to better serve our patients.
- Develop volunteer base and update Volunteer Hub regularly
- Attend monthly staff meetings, participate in staff committees and annual staff retreat
- Nurse Practitioner, Registered Nurse or Masters in Public Health
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred)
- At least 5 years of experience in behavioral health (Preferred)
- Supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of community health nursing practices
- Ability to measure blood pressure a plus
- Ability to work with culturally diverse and socioeconomically diverse population.
- Proficient in using technology as a management reporting tool and experience working with information technology staff to develop and implement program evaluation systems.
- Strong project management skills managing complex, multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and manage a diverse professional staff. A commitment to our organizational values of hospitality and mutuality in all interactions.
- 123 E Price St, Philadelphia, PA 19144
- $37 – $42 an hour
- Paid time off
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Email Adrienne Smythe at email@example.com.
Get Involved Today!
Learn more about how you can help those experiencing hunger and poverty.